There is a fundamental problem with using 'pull' approach using DIH.
Normally people want a delta imports which are done using a timestamp field.
Now it may not always be possible for application servers to sync their
timestamps (given protocol restrictions due to security reasons). Due to
this Solr application is likely to miss a few records occasionally. Such a
problem does not arise if applications themseleves identify their records
and post. Should we not have such a feature in Solr, which will allow users
to push data onto the index in whichever format they wish to? This will also
facilitate plugging in solr seamlessly with all kinds of applications.

Regards,
CI