SOLR-1.4-trunk uses terms counting instead of bitset intersects (seems to
be); check this
(and probably http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-711)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Rutherglen

Yeah we need a performance comparison, I haven't had time to put
one together. If/when I do I'll compare Bobo performance against
Solr bitset intersection based facets, compare memory
consumption.

For near realtime Solr needs to cache and merge bitsets at the
SegmentReader level, and Bobo needs to be upgraded to work with
Lucene 2.9's searching at the segment level (currently it uses a
MultiSearcher).

Distributed search on either should be fairly straightforward?