What kind of storage is used for the Solr index files? When I tested it, NFS
was 100X slower than local disk.

wunder

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan A. Dickey [mailto:dan.dic...@savvis.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:15 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Cc: Walter Underwood
Subject: Re: Solr http post performance seems slow - help?

On Thursday 10 September 2009 09:10:27 am Walter Underwood wrote:
> How big are your documents?

For the most part, I'm just indexing metadata that has been pulled from
the documents.  I think I have currently about 40 or so fields that I'm
setting.
When the document is an actual document - pdf, doc, etc... I use the DIH
to extract stuff and also set the metadata then.

> Is your index on local disk or network-
> mounted disk?

I'm basically pulling the metadata info from a database and the documents
themselves are shared via NFS to the Solr indexer.
        -Dan

--
Dan A. Dickey | Senior Software Engineer

Savvis
10900 Hampshire Ave. S., Bloomington, MN  55438
Office: 952.852.4803 | Fax: 952.852.4951
E-mail: dan.dic...@savvis.net