Hi,

- Try to let solr do the commits for you (setting up autocommit
feature). (and stop committing after inserting one document). This
should greatly improve the delays you're experiencing.

- If you do not optimize, it's normal your index size only grows.
Optimize once regularly when your load is minimal.

Jerome.