On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 1:58 AM, swapna_here <swapna.here...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i don't understand why my solr index increasing daily
> when i am adding and deleting the same number of documents daily

A delete is just a bit flip, and does not reclaim disk space immediately.
Deleted documents are squeezed out when segment merges happen
(including an optimize which merges all segments).
If you have large segments that documents are deleted from, those
segments may not be involved in a merge and hence the deleted docs can
hang around for quite some time.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com