Hi everyone,

I have a little question regarding the search engine when a wildcard character
is used in the query.
Let's take the following example :

- I have sent in indexation the word Hésitation (with an accent on the "e")
- The filters applied to the field that will handle this word, result in the
indexation of "esit" (the mute H is suppressed (home made filter), the accent
too (IsoLatin1Filter), and the SnowballPorterFilter suppress the "ation".

When i search for "hesitation", "esitation", "ésitation" etc ... all is OK, the
document is returned.
But as soon as I use a wildcard, like "hésita*", the document is not returned.
In fact, I have to put the wildcard in a manner that match the indexed term
exactly (example "esi*")

Does the search engine applies the filters to the word that prefix the wildcard
? Or does it use this prefix verbatim ?

Thanks for you help.

Laurent