> I mean solr's Http caching. When testing from browser I usually disable it
> with
> in solrconfig.xml.

I have enabled <httpCaching never304="true">, changed the title field to be the
same "text" type, cleared the index, restarted and re-indexed and - it works!

I then changed the title field back to the "text" type, cleared and re-indexed
and the highlighting was gone. The conclusion: the type mismatch between the
query you're searching on and the field that you want to use as a highlighting
source can cause issues, if different.

Should that be fixed or just noted down?