Good afternoon.

We have been experiencing an odd issue with one of our Solr nodes. Upon startup
or when bringing in a new index we get a CPU spike for 5 minutes or so. I have
attached a graph of this spike. During this time simple queries return without
a problem but more complex queries do not return. Here are some more details
about the instance:

Index Size: ~16G
Max Heap: 6144M
GC Option: -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
System Memory: 16G

We have a very similar instance to this one but with a much larger index that
we are not seeing this sort of issue.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any additional
information.

Thanks,
John

--