On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 6:07 PM, John Williams <j...@37signals.com> wrote:
> Yonik,
>
> In all cases our "autowarmCount" is set to 0. Also, here is a link to our
> config. http://pastebin.com/iUgruqPd

Weird... on a quick glance, I don't see anything in your config that
would cause work to be done on a commit.
I expected something like autowarming, or rebuilding a spellcheck
index, etc.  I assume this is happening even w/o any requests hitting
the server?

Could it be GC?  You could use -verbose:gc or jconsole to check if
this corresponds to a big GC (which could naturally hit on an index
change).  5 minutes is really excessive though, and I wouldn't expect
it on startup.

If it's not GC, perhaps the next step is to get some stack traces
during the spike (or use a profiler) to figure out where the time is
being spent.  And verify that the solrconfig.xml shown actually still
matches the one you provided.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com