I use Endeca and Solr.

A few notable things in Endeca but not in Solr:
1. Real-time search.
2. "related record navigation" (RRN) is what they call it.  This is the
ability to join in other records, something Lucene/Solr definitely can't do.
3. A reference application for browsing/searching the data.
4. Data pipeline management software including a GUI tool to wire in
different paths.  I'm not a fan of this because the implementation sucks.
5. Hierarchical facets, including sifts (e.g. A-E, F-M, etc.) and attaching
user meta-data to nodes (such as an id you need or something).
6. XQuery based ad-hoc querying with XML output.
7. Aggregating (e.g. rolling-up) records.

IMO, the really notable things to appreciate are #1, #2, and #3, though
admittedly I'm not using #1 or #2.  I would consider them if money is not a
problem and you really need #1 or #2.

Endeca's bloat and product age is a problem.  You have to run a number of
installers, you have over a dozen PDFs and other help documents... I'm
sometimes wondering where the heck I read something and what installer
installed what.  It's like comparing Oracle with perhaps PostgreSQL.  And
it's really annoying to have to deal with Endeca "dimension ids" (numbers)
instead of Solr facet string literals because I find myself having to map
them all the time.  The native Java API sucks.  I could complain a lot more
(I've stopped myself multiple times while writing this) but this post would
get out of control.  It _is_ a capable product, but I'll take Solr over it
any day -- at least I understand basically all of what's going on in Solr.
Of course I wrote the book on it so I'm biased ;-)

~ David Smiley
 Author: https://www.packtpub.com/solr-1-4-enterprise-search-server/book