This is my last shot !   your solr webapp doesn't know where to locate solr
home, solr home must have at least this two folders:
      conf/
             solrconfig.xml
             schema.xml
      data/
           (after indexing) index/
                                 spellchecker/

try to ping your solr using  http://localhost:../solr/admin/ping.
As your solr webapp run without error as you mentioned before, it's most
likely you are having a miss configured solr home.

--
Abdelhamid ABID
Software Engineer- J2EE / WEB