Hi,

This could also be caused by performing an optimize after the commit, or it
could be caused by auto warming the caches, or a combination of both.

If you are using the Data Import Handler the default for a delta import is
commit and optimize, which caused us a similar problem except we were
optimizing a 7 million document, 23Gb index with every delta import which
was taking over 10 minutes. As soon as we added optimize=false to the
command updates took a few seconds. You can always add separate calls to
perform the optimize when it's convenient for you.

To see if the problem is auto warming take a look at the warm up time for
the searcher. If this is the cause you will need to consider lowering the
autowarmCount for your caches.

Colin.