Every time you reload the index it is to rebuild the facet cached
data. Could that be it?

Also, how big are the fields being highlighted? And are they indexed
with term vectors? (If not, the text is re-analyzed in flight with
term vectors.)

How big are the caches? Are they growing & growing?

--
Lance Norskog
goks...@gmail.com