On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 16:12 +0200, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> Solr's APIs are described as "REST-like", and probably do qualify as
> "restful" the way the term is commonly used.
>
> I'm personally much more interested in making our APIs more powerful
> and easier to use, regardless of any REST purity tests.
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Hi Yonik,

yes, please - and thanks!

I'm again and again positively surprised how efficient and yet simple
SOLR's (and Lucene's) query and response language (incl. response
formats) is. Some things seem complex/difficult at first (like dismax or
function queries) but turn out to be simple/easy to use considering the
complexity of the problems they solve.

Chantal