On 8/31/2010 8:49 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
I believe I may have solved this. After a more careful reading of SOLR-1653, I noticed that they referred to another filter. I changed my configuration from /solr/.PatternReplaceCharFilterFactory to /solr/.PatternReplaceFilterFactory and updated the XML syntax appropriately, and it looks OK now. This filter is not mentioned on the wiki page dealing with analyzers, which is why I did not use it from the start. When I searched that page for regex, the CharFilter was the only one that came up.

Final working config, for anyone else that has a desire to do this:

<filter class="solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory"
          pattern="^(\p{Punct}*)(.*?)(\p{Punct}*)$"
          replacement="$2"
        />

I haven't yet tried it, but this filter seems to exist in the Solr 1.4.1 war file, so it should work there too.

Thanks,
Shawn