: one large index.  I need to create a unique key for the Solr index that will
: be unique per document.  If I have 3 systems, and they all have a document
: with id=1, then I need to create a "uniqueId" field in my schema that
: contains both the system name and that id, along the lines of: "sysa1",
: "sysb1", and "sysc1".  That way, each document will have a unique id.

take a look at the SignatureUpdateProcessorFactory...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Deduplication

:   <copyField source="source" dest="uniqueId"/>
:   <copyField source="id" dest="uniqueId"/>
: So instead of just appending to the uniqueId field, it tried to do a
: multiValued.  Does anyone have an idea on how I can make this work?

copyField doesn't "append" it copies Field (value) instances from the
"source" field to the "dest" field -- so if you get multiple values for
hte dest field.

-Hoss