On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Adam Estrada
<estrada.adam.gro...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks a lot for all the tips, guys! I think that we may explore both
> options just to see what happens. I'm sure that scalability will be a huge
> mess with the core-per-user scenario. I like the idea of creating a user ID
> field and agree that it's probably the best approach. We'll see...I will be
> sure to let the list know what I find! Please don't stop posting your
> comments everyone ;-) My inquiring mind wants to know...

I think it is customary for me to mention the techniques mentioned in
LotsOfCores for these kind of questions. The patches are mostly useless at
this point but if you are looking for a per-user solution, you will need
most of the tricks mentioned on the wiki page.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LotsOfCores

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.