On 11/12/2010 2:48 PM, sivaram wrote:
That is good if we can restart the solr. But we don't want to restart the
whole solr after every commit because some of the core usually have to
update for comparatively short times. So, we do a core reload to get all the
synonyms and other stuff getting updated with out the solr reload.

Understandable. The way I've set up my Solr architecture, full rebuilds are rare, so we do not swap cores unless we have to reindex for some reason, normally only because of a schema change. I have not tried reloading the core instead of restarting Solr, I should do that.

Only one shard sees frequent additions, every two minutes. The others see inserts only once a day. All of them have deletes happening every ten minutes.

Shawn