Hi, all,

Since I didn't find that Lucene presents updated indexes to us, may I
transmit indexes in the following way?

1) One indexing machine, A, is busy with generating indexes;

2) After a certain time, the indexing process is terminated;

3) Then, the new indexes are transmitted to machines which serve users'
queries;

4) It is possible that some index files have the same names. So the
conflicting files should be renamed;

5) After the transmission is done, the transmitted indexes are removed from
A.

6) After the removal, the indexing process is started again on A.

The reason I am trying to do that is to load balancing the search load. One
machine is responsible for generating indexes and the others are responsible
for responding queries.

If the above approaches do not work, may I see the updates of indexes in
Lucene? May I transmit them? And, may I append them to existing indexes?
Does the appending affect the querying?

I am learning Solr. But it seems that Solr does that for me. However, I have
to set up Tomcat to use Solr. I think it is a little bit heavy.

Thanks!
Bing Li