Thanks so much, Gora!

What do you mean by appending? If you mean adding to an existing index
(on reindexing, this would normally mean an update for an existing Solr
document ID, and a create for a new Solr document ID), the best way
probably is not to delete the index on the master server (what you call
machine A). Once the indexing is completed, a commit ensures that new
documents show up for any subsequent queries.

When updates are replicated to slave servers, it is supposed that the
updates are merged with the existing indexes and readings on them can be
done concurrently. If so, the queries must be responded instantly. That's
what I mean "appending". Does it happen in Solr?

Best,
Bing