On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Tanguy Moal <tanguy.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> However suddenly CPU usage simply doubles, and sometimes eventually
> start using all 16 cores of the server, whereas the number of handled
> request is pretty stable, and even starts decreasing because of
> degraded user experience due to dramatic response times.

Hi Tanguy: This was fixed here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2620.

You can apply the patch file there
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12452947/LUCENE-2620_3x.patch)
and recompile your own lucene 2.9.x, or you can replace the lucene jar
file in your solr war with the newly released lucene-2.9.4 core jar...
which I think is due to be released later today!

Thanks for spending the time to report the problem... let us know the
patch/lucene 2.9.4 doesnt fix it!