from:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxQParserPlugin#mm_.28Minimum_.27Should.27_Match.29
"If there are less than 3 optional clauses, they all must match; for 3 to 5
clauses, one less than the number of clauses must match, for 6 or more
clauses, 80% must match, rounded down: "2<-1 5<80%""

Personally, the mm parameter makes my head hurt.
As I read it, there are actually 4 buckets that rules apply to, not three
in your mm definition, see below.

Your mm param says, I think, that

clauses      number  rule
                 required
1                   1         We haven't gotten to a rule yet, this is the
default
2                   2         We haven't gotten to a rule yet, this is the
default

3                   2         2<-1
4                   3         2<-1

5                   2         4<50% rounded down

6                   3         5<66% (6 * 0.66 = 3.96)
7                   4         5<66% rounded down

Personally, I think the percentages are mind warping and lead to
"interesting" behavior. I prefer to explicitly list the number of causes
required or relatively constant numbers of required clauses, something
like "between 3 and 5, one less. 6 to 9 two less" etc. you don't get
weird steps like between 4 and 5 above. Plus, by the time you get to,
say, 7 clauses nobody can keep track of what correct behavior is anyway <G>.

So I think you're off by one position when applying your rules. Or the Wiki
page is misleading. Or the Wiki page is exactly correct and I'm mis-reading
it.
Like I said, mm makes my head hurt.

Best
Erick