Your autocommit is unrealistic. You're telling the server to commit
every 5 seconds and you're overloading the system. At least that's
my guess. Every time you do this, you're causing all the caches to
be thrown away, any autowarming to be triggered, etc, etc, etc.

There have been significant improvements in this area on trunk, but you
haven't told us what version of Solr you're using, so I'm not sure
whether that helps. See NRT (Near Real Time) discussions on the JIRA.

Here's what I'd do to test this:
Increase the autocommit parameters significantly and see if the problem
goes away (something like 10,000 docs and 60,000 milliseconds). And
don't forget maxRamBufferSizeMB. That'll point you in the right direction.

You really need to consider a master/slave architecture here I think, where
the master only indexes and the slaves periodically get the updates. There
will be some latency.

Best
Erick