Hi Lance,

thanks for your explanation.

As far as I know in distributed search i have to tell Solr what other shards
it has to query. So, if I want to query a specific core, present in all my
shards, i could tell Solr this by using the shards-param plus specified core
on each shard.

Using SolrCloud's distrib=true feature (it sets all the known shards
automatically?), a collection should consist only of one type of
core-schema, correct?
How does SolrCloud knows that shard_x and shard_y are replicas of eachother
(I took a look at the  possibility to specify alternative shards if one is
not available)? If it does not know that they are replicas of eachother, I
should use the syntax of specifying alternative shards for failover due to
performance-reasons, because querying 2 identical and available cores seems
to be wasted capacity, no?

Thank you!