Thank you, I will go the multi-core route and see how that works out. I
guess, if we have to run queries across the cores, I may have to just
run separate queries.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc SCHNEIDER [mailto:marc.schneide...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 8:01 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr multi cores or not

Hi,

It depends on what kind of data you are indexing between your multiple
applications.
If app1 has many fields to be indexed and app2 too and if theses fields
are
differents then it would probably be better to have multi cores.
If you have a lot of common fields between app1 and app2 then one index
is
probably the best choice as it will avoid you configuring / implementing
several indexes. In this case you can also have a differentiating field
(like 'type') so that you can get data corresponding to your app.
It really depends on your data structure.

Hope this helps,
Marc.