On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 7:25 AM, rahul <asharud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In our setup, we are having Solr index in one machine. And Solrj client part
> (java code) in another machine. Currently as you suggest, if it may be a
> 'not enough free RAM for the OS to cache' then whether I need to increase
> the RAM in the machine in which Solrj query part is there.??? Or need to
> increase RAM for Solr instance for the OS cache?

That would be RAM for the Solr instance.  If there is not enough free
memory for the OS to cache, then each document retrieved will be a
disk seek + read.

> Since both the system are in local Amazon network (Linux EC2 small
> instances), I believe the network wont be a issue.

Ah, how big is your index?

> Another thing, in the reply you have mentioned 'client not reading fast
> enough'. Whether it is related to network or Solrj.

That was a general issue - it *can* be the client, but since you're
using SolrJ it would be the network.

-Yonik
http://lucidimagination.com