Dear Rahul,

Stefan has the right solution. the autosuggest must be checked both from
Javascript and your backend. For javascript there are some really nice tools
to do that such as Jquery which implements a auto-suggest with a tunable
delay. It has also highlighting, you can add additional information etc...
It is actually quite impressive. Here is the address :
http://jqueryui.com/demos/autocomplete/#remote-jsonp. It's open source so
you can just copy what they have done or see the method they used.
For backend limit the number of request / second per ip or session and / or
cache result. As for cache normally solr caches the common request but I
don't know for term components.

Hope this helps you !

Victor