Hi

Thanks for your info.

Currently my index size is around 4GB. Normally in small instances total
available memory will be 1.6GB. In my setup, I allocated around 1GB as a
heap size for tomcat. Hence I believe, remaining 600 MB will be used for OS
cache.

I believe, I need to migrate my Solr instance from small instance to large.
So that some more memory will be allotted for OS cache. But initially I
suspect, since I call Solrj code from another instance, I need to increase
the memory in the instance from where I run the Solrj. But you said I need
to increase the memory in Solr instance only. Here, just I want to double
check this case only. sorry for that.

Once again thanks for your replies.

Regards,