You could create a new Similarity class  plugin that take in account every
parameters you need. :

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins?highlight=%28similarity%29#Similarity

but, as Jan said, be carefull with the cost of the the similarity function.

Ludovic.

2011/4/19 Jan Høydahl / Cominvent [via Lucene] <
ml-node+2839526-2100261518-383...@n3.nabble.com>

> Hi,
>
> Not possible :)
> Lucene compares each matching document against the query and produces a
> score for each.
> Documents are not compared to eachother like normal sort, that would be way
> too costly.
>
> But if you explain your use case, I'm sure we can find ways to express your
> needs in other ways
>
> Perhaps it is possible for you to use Sort by Function?
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery#Sort_By_Function
> Then you can decide exactly what goes into your sort score.
> If you want to do conditional stuff, you may need to pre-process your
> documents a bit and create new fields which can be used in a FunctionQuery.

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
>
> On 19. apr. 2011, at 19.02, Michael Owen wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I want to able to have a custom sorting algorithm such that for each
> comparison of document results (A v B) I can rank them. i.e. writing a
> comparator like I would normally do in Java (Compares its two arguments for
> order. Returns a negative integer, zero, or a positive integer as the first
> argument is less than, equal to, or greater than the second).
> > In the comparator I want to be able to take into account the score of the
> results, as well as other fields in the documents.
> > I've looked at using things such as the score/boost/bf parameters etc,
> however, want the flexibility of being able to code the comparator, so I can
> do if conditions and such.
> > Is this possible? And if so what's the best way of doing this? I've
> upgraded to use the latest version of Solr 3.1, and of course for this use
> case would expect to have to build from source, in order to add custom
> source.
> > Or/and, when using the score/boost/bf parameters etc - is it possible to
> use the score parameter in functions, to say scale it between 0 and 1?
> > Thanks
> > Mike

-----
Jouve