Hi Jay,

thank you for your reply.

We most enhance your example to reproduce what I mean:

You got the following facets:

project:
- Solr
- Lucene
- Nutch
- Mahout

source:
- Documentation
- Mailinglist
- Wiki
- Commercial Websites

What I want now is: When I click on Solr + Documentation
(fq={tag=p}project:Solr&fq={tag=s}source:Documentation), I want to get back
a result-set where I on the one hand see that there are no matches for
Mahout given the filter queries.
On the other hand I also want to see that there are results available for my
search but not for the current filters.

This information is usefull for creating a powerfull UI:
You can show the user that there is possibly valuable information available
on commercial websites but they are excluded from the current search.
Another point is that you can "fix" your UI: You always show all facets
relevant to the current search, no matter which of them are active.
Those who do not apply anymore to the given result-set (like Mahout in our
example) still remain in the list of available projects but are marked as
unuasable (displayed in smooth gray or something like that to show that they
are inactive).

My problem is that I do not know how to create such a user-experience,
because, if I add another dimension (like the source-facet) things are
getting complicated.

Since Hoss showed in the Mastering Facets Webinar that such cross-taggings
are possible, I thought that this is an already built-in option for Solr.

Regards,
Em