Le 1 août 2011 à 18:35, thomas a écrit :

> Thanks Alexei,
> Thanks Paul,
>
> I played with the solr.PhoneticFilterFactory. Analysing my query in solr
> admin backend showed me how and that it is working. My major problem is,
> that this filter needs to be applied to the index chain as well as to the
> query chain to generate matches for our search. We have a huge index at this
> point and i'am not really happy to reindex all content.

I doubt there's a way out.

> Is there maybe a more subtle solution which is working by just manipulating
> the query chain only?

You'd need to programme it... it's not excluded.

> Otherwise i need to backup the whole index and try to reindex overnight when
> cms users are sleeping.

With some work you can do this using an extra solr that just pulls everything,
then swaps the indexes (that needs a bit of downtime), then re-indexes the
things changed during the night.
I feel this should be a standard feature of SOLR...

> I will have a look into the ColognePhonetic encoder. Im just afraid ill have
> to reindex the whole content there as well.

Sure, absolutely.
Also note that using phonetics really needs a separate field with query
expansion (which is easy with dismax).

paul