On 8/1/2011 1:40 PM, Mike Sokolov wrote:
If you want to avoid re-indexing, you could consider building a synonym file that is generated using your rule set, and then using that to expand your queries. You'd need to get a list of all terms in your index and then process them to generate synyonyms. Actually, I don't know how to get a list of all the terms without Java programming, though: is there a way?

The "terms" compoennt will give you a list of all terms, I think. http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent

But this is getting awfully hacky and hard to maintain simply to avoid doing a re-index. I still think doing a re-index is a normal part of evolving your Solr configuration, and better to just get used to it (and figure out how to do it in production with no or minimal downtime) now.