On Feb 11, 2012, at 3:08 PM, Jamie Johnson wrote:

> I wiped the zk and started over (when I switch networks I get
> different host names and honestly haven't dug into why).  That being
> said the latest state shows all in sync, why would the cores show up
> as down?

If recovery fails X times (say because the leader can't be reached from the
replica), a node is marked as down. It can't be active, and technically it has
stopped trying to recover (it tries X times and eventually give up until you
restart it).

Side note, I recently ran into this issue: SOLR-3122 - fix coming soon. Not
sure if you have looked at your logs or not, but perhaps it's involved.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com