I am creating what is effectively a search engine. Content is collected via
spiders at
then is inserted into my database and becomes searchable and filterable.

I invision there being around 90K records to be searched at any one time.
The content is
blog posts and forum posts so we are basically looking at full text with
some additional
filters based on location, category and date posted.

What is really important to me is speed and relevancy. The index size or
index time
really isn’t too big of an issue. From the benchmarks I have seen it looks
like Sphinx
is much faster at querying data and showing results, but that Solr has
improved relevancy.

My website is coded entirely in PHP and I am planning on using a MYSQL
database. Can
anyone please give me a bit of input and help me decide which product might
be better
suited to me.

Regards,

James