Let me echo this back to see if I have it right, because it's *extremely*
weird if I'm reading it correctly.

In your solrconfig.xml file, you changed this line:
<enableLazyFieldLoading>true</enableLazyFieldLoading>
to this:
<enableLazyFieldLoading>false</enableLazyFieldLoading>

and your response time DECREASED? If you can confirm that
I'm reading it right, I'll open up a JIRA.

Best
Erick