In general the algorithm considers what is more relevant and probably
you should check why one kind of result is giving always higher scores
than the others. Are you using norms (not setting omitNorms = true).
With debugQuery=true you can get a detail of how the score is
calculated.

That would be solving the cause. To solve the symptom probably you can
use FieldCollapsing : http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldCollapsing
You group by source and set the number of documents per group to 10
and in that way you would get results in all the categories. Then
implement some criteria in your app to select documents from those
sources based on the score.

Thanks
Emmanuel