Hi

I have not actually done this yet, but will need to do something similar.
We will also be using user tagging, and ratings to influence relevancy for
the searches.

I take it that you want something like if a document has been tagged 8
times with the tag "tagvalue"
but only 4 times with the tag "othervalue" then you want to boost rate the
tag tagvalue higher?

The route I plan to go down would be to store the tag value count against
the document, and
use a (possibly custom) function to boost accordingly.

Just a theory at this point, and I am sure that there may be better ways.

Hope it helps

Richard

--
*nix has users, Mac has fans, Windows has victims.