: >> this is an option I am exploring if the postcommit doesn't work. It's
: just in my head i thought there must be some way to get the document
: through postCommit and that I'm just missing it because I can't find the
: document that says so. Someone told me it is possible if I use SolrJ, so
: I thought it most likely would be possible with other methods.

"postCommit" hooks are not specific to a document, they are specific to a
commit.  there could be lots of documents added/deleted in between
successive commits.

perhaps what you are thinking of is the "UpdateProcessor" API, which let's
you inject code ino the processing change of all updates? ... i would
have suggested that in my earlier message as a way to do your
"system#2" processing, but: a) it requires you to write java; b) it would
happen *before* the document is added (which would be mor efficient then
what you are describing, but you explicitly said you didn't want system#2
to affect the document adds generated by system#1)

-Hoss