>> Solrj multi-threaded client sends several 1,000 docs/sec

>Can you expand on that?  How many threads at once are sending docs to solr?
Is each request a single doc or multiple?
I realize, after the fact, that my solrj client is much like
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.LargeVolumeTestBase.  The number of threads is
configurable at run time as are the various commit parameters.  Most of the
test have been in the 4-16 threads range.  Most of my testing has been with
the single document SolrServer::add(SolrInputDocument doc )method.  When I
realized what LargeVolumeTestBase is doing, I converted my program to use
the SolrServer::add(Collection<SolrInputDocument> docs) method with 100
documents in each add batch.  Unfortunately, the out of memory errors still
occur without client side commits.

If you agree my three approaches to committing are logical, would it be
useful for me to try to reproduce this with "example" schema in a small
cloud configuration using LargeVolumeTestBase or the like?  It will take me
a couple days to work it in.  Or perhaps this sort of test is already run?

Best
Nick