"unable to create new native thread"

That suggests you're running out of threads, not RAM. Possibly you're
using a multithreaded collector, and it's pushing you over the top of
how many threads your OS lets a single process allocate? Or somehow
the thread stack size is set too high?

More here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/763579/how-many-threads-can-a-java-vm-support

Michael Della Bitta

Appinions, Inc. -- Where Influence Isn’t a Game.
http://www.appinions.com