Mark,
You are certainly not using the Solr mark in an approved manner and I'd hope if
you are going to take advantage of our mailing list for promotion of your
product, that you would not violate our trademark.
Apache Foundation do not own SOLR (R) trademark. I looked into registry (USA and World) and none of them shows apache foundation as owner of SOLR trademark.

Trademarks registered to apache foundations in USA are:
HADOOP, OPENOFFICE.ORG, SUBVERSION

thats all. In world registry, you have nothing at all. Rest of trademarks from http://apache.org/foundation/marks/list/ are home-invented ones. Its almost impossible to win in court if you do not have your trademark registered.

Even "Apache" is not your trademark anymore. I guess you guys failed to renew.
*Word Mark * *APACHE*
*Serial Number* 85100058
*Abandonment Date* May 23, 2011
*Owner* The *Apache* Software *Foundation* CORPORATION DELAWARE 1901 Munsey Drive Forest Hill MARYLAND 210502747

> Solr is our trademark and third party products must have their own name.
Solr trademark is owned and properly registered by somebody else. Its YOU who is violating registered SOLR trademark.