The wiki page for schema.xml shows the syntax for postingsFormat in a schema fieldType definition, but it doesn't tell you what to use for the value. Also, the example configs in the solr download do not include this parameter.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SchemaXml#Data_Types

For some fields, I am interested in using the BlockPostingsFormat that will become the default in 4.1. For others, specifically fields that consist entirely of unique values, I would like to try one of the other formats, like the Bloom filter.

Can someone with the appropriate knowledge update the wiki with some values that would cover the majority of normal use cases, and what kinds of problems each one is designed to solve?

Thanks,
Shawn