On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org> wrote:
> On 10/22/2012 9:58 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>> Thank you, I have gone over the Solr admin panel twice and I cannot find
>> the cache statistics. Where are they?
>

> If you are running Solr4, you can see individual cache autowarming times
> here, assuming your core is named collection1:
>
> http://server:port/solr/#/collection1/plugins/cache?entry=queryResultCache
> http://server:port/solr/#/collection1/plugins/cache?entry=filterCache
>
> The warmup time for the entire searcher can be found here:
>
> http://server:port/solr/#/collection1/plugins/core?entry=searcher

Thank you Shawn! I can see how I missed that data. I'm reviewing it
now. Solr has a low barrier to entry, but quite a learning curve. I'm
loving it!

I see that the server is using less than 2 GiB of memory, whereas it
is a dedicated Solr server with 16 GiB of memory. I understand that I
can increase the query and document caches to increase performance,
but I worry that this will increase the warm-up time to unacceptable
levels. What is a good strategy for increasing the caches yet
preserving performance after an optimize operation?

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il