On 1/11/2013 9:15 AM, Markus Jelsma wrote:
FYI: XInclude works fine. We have all request handlers in solrconfig in
separate files and include them via XInclude on a running SolrCloud cluster.

Good to know. I'm still deciding whether I want to recombine or continue to use xinclude. Is the xinclude path relative to solrconfig.xml just as it is now, so I could link to include/indexConfig.xml? Are things partitioned well enough that one collection's config will not overlap into another config when using xinclude and relative paths?

The way I do things now, all files in cores/corename/conf (relative to solr.home) are symlinks, such as solrconfig.xml -> ../../../config/XXXXX/solrconfig.xml, where XXXXX is a general designation for a type of config. I have good separation between instanceDir, data, and real config files. The paths in the xinclude elements are relative to the location of the symlink.

Thanks,
Shawn