Hi,

We have configured solr for 5000 facet fields as part of request handler.We
have 10811177 docs in the index.

The solr server machine is quad core with 12 gb of RAM.

When we are querying with facets, we are getting out of memory error.

What we observed is , If we have larger number of facets we need to have
larger RAM allocated for JVM. In this case we need to scale up the system as
and when we add more facets.

To scale out the system, do we need to go with distributed search?

Any thoughts on this helps me to handle this situation.

Thanks,
Siva