I don't understand why this would be more performant.. seems like it'd be
more memory and resource intensive as you'd have multiple class-loaders and
multiple cache spaces for no good reason. Just have a single core with
sufficiently large caches to handle your response needs.

If you want to load balance reads consider having multiple physical nodes
with a master/slaves or SolrCloud.