Hey Shawn,

My gut says the difference in assignment of docids has to do with how the
FileListEntityProcessor<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#FileListEntityProcessor>
works
on the two operating systems. The documents are updated/imported in a
different order is my guess, but I haven't tested that theory. I still
think it's kind of odd that there would be a difference.

Indexes are created from scratch in my test, so it's not that. java
-versionreports the same values on both machines
java version "1.7.0_17"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

The explicit (arbitrary non-score) sort parameter will work as a
work-around to get my test to pass in both environments while I think about
this some more. Thanks!

Cheers,
Tricia