On Apr 9, 2013, at 3:06 PM, Furkan KAMACI wrote:

> Are there anybody who can help me about how to guess the approximately
> needed RAM for 5000 query/second at a Solr machine?

No.

That depends on the kind of queries you have, the size and content of the
index, the required response time, how frequently the index is updated, and
many more factors. So anyone who can guess that is wrong.

You can only find that out by running your own benchmarks with your own queries
against your own index.

In our system, we can meet our response time requirements at a rate of 4000
queries/minute. We have several cores, but most traffic goes to a 3M document
index. This index is small documents, mostly titles and authors of books. We
have no wildcard queries and less than 5% of our queries use fuzzy matching. We
update once per day and have cache hit rates of around 30%.

We run new benchmarks twice each year, before our busy seasons. We use the
current index and configuration and the queries from the busiest day of the
previous season.

Our key benchmark is the 95th percentile response time, but we also measure
median, 90th, and 99th percentile.

We are currently on Solr 3.3 with some customizations. We're working on
transitioning to Solr 4.

wunder
--
Walter Underwood