From: Shawn Heisey-4 [via Lucene]
[mailto:ml-node+s472066n4057074...@n3.nabble.com]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 12:33 AM
To: Sawan Verma
Subject: Re: TooManyClauses: maxClauseCount is set to 1024

On 4/18/2013 11:53 AM, sawanverma wrote:
> Shawn,
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply. But I am confused again if the following query
> is complex.
> http://localhost:8983/solr/test/select/?q=content:*&fl=content&hl=true&hl.fl=content&hl.maxAnalyzedChars=31375&start=64&rows=1&sort=obs_date%20desc

I hardly know anything about highlighting, so nothing that I say here
may have any relevance to your situtation at all.

A query of content:* strikes me as an invalid query.  If you are
shooting for all documents where content exists and excluding those
where it doesn't exist, I would think that 'q=content:[* TO *]' (the TO
must be uppercase) would be a better option.

Exactly how your query gets expanded into a something that exceeds
maxBooleanClauses is a complete mystery to me, and probably does have
something to do with the highlighting.

Thanks,
Shawn