Dear Solr Developers,

I've been unable to find an answer to the question in the subject line of this e-mail, except of a vague one.

We need to be able to index over 2bln+ documents. We were doing well without sharding until the number of docs hit the limit ( 2bln+). The performance was satisfactory for the queries, updates and indexing of new documents.

That is, except for the need to go around the int32 limit, we don't really have a need for setting up distributed solr.

I wonder whether some one on the solr team could tell us when/what version of solr we could expect the limit to be removed.

I hope this question may be of interest to some one else :)

Val